Sunday 10 January 2016

1911s: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly By Melody Lauer

1911s: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly  By Melody Lauer






With a history of over 100 years behind it, the 1911 is as iconic now as it was when it set the standard for semi-automatic pistols years ago. For some, it still sets the standard today.

I have a special place in my heart for the 1911. It was the first gun I ever bought and carried. Over the years I’ve owned somewhere around twenty 1911s from Para, Llama, and Springfield to Les Baer, Wilson Combat, and Nighthawk Custom.  There were also a few Kimbers and Colts thrown in for good measure, as well as many sizes and calibers.

I have more books about 1911s than I do about cooking, which may or may not tell you something about my cooking. It is the gun I’ve played around with the most, and it is the gun that I have both loved and hated in the extreme.

You can’t journey far down the road of handgun shooting without becoming aware of this model, and many people find themselves compelled to try at least one.

The talk across gun counters, volleyed around the internet, and shared at gun ranges will keep the 1911 relevant for another 100 years, but before you dive in, there are some things you should know about our beloved John Mosses Browning’s design.



@Silvercore #Silvercore #CFSC #Firearms #Training #BC #Canada #PAL #PAL #Gun #FirearmsSafety #Nanaimo #Victoria #Vancouver #Langely 


Sincerely,

Silvercore Firearms Training

7198 Vantage Way Delta, BC V4G 1K7


604-940-7785

No comments:

Post a Comment