Monday 14 April 2014

THE MODIFIED GLOCK - Silvercore Firearms Training BC

THE MODIFIED GLOCK - Silvercore Firearms Training BC

BY JERRY JONES   |   POSTED ON 04/14/2014 |   IN 10-8 CONSULTING COURSES 10-8 PERFORMANCE GEAR MODERN SERVICE PISTOLS WEAPON MAINTENANCE WEAPON MODIFICATION



Glocks tend to run great out of the box.  They are reliable, and accurate.  I have a friend who shoots a lot of 3 gun and IDPA with a completely stock Glock 17 with the plastic sights, and does it well.  Some folks like to simply change out of the plastic “filler” sights that come stock, for aftermarket sights such as 10-8′s.I like my Glocks a bit more modified.  Above is a brand new Gen4 G19 that is a recent acquisition.  The gun shot great out of the box, but there are changes that I like to make for my own benefit.The first thing that has to go for me is the serrated trigger and trigger bar that come standard on compact and subcompact Glocks.  After a few hundred rounds down range, the serrated trigger becomes bothersome for me, so I just swap it out for the non-serrated full size trigger.

The next thing I like to change is the connector.  While the stock connector, or (-) minus connector can be shot well, I like the addition of the Ghost Rocket 3.5 “Deluxe”.  Across the dozen or so Glocks that I own, the trigger pull across the board with the Ghost Rocket and factory trigger return spring lends a pull of about 4.25 to 4.5 pounds.  But the reduction in poundage isn’t the reason I like them.  I like them because I can get a smooth prep shot to shot, even at four or five shots per second.  The factory connectors tend to wind up with a little “pressure wall” at the end of the trigger stroke, when can disrupt the sights just a bit at the time of ignition.

Moving onward, I add an extended slide stop to my G19′s.  While I don’t like them on the G26, G17, or G34 (or the .40 caliber counterparts), I do like the extended slide stop on the G19.A good set of sights.  I like and advocate 10-8′s.  I also have guns set up with Trijicon HD’s, and Scott Warren’s.  The thing I’ll caution people to is that you do need to research the particular sights before you purchase them, if you intend on shooting the gun past conversational distances.  A lot of the sighting systems out there will cause the point of impact to be above the point of aim on Glocks.  It is the nature of the beast.

I like the “butt plug” on the Glock, and have used them for years.  On the Gen3′s I used mainly the Jentra, but this round I bought two or three and tried them out.  I use them for an aid on the reload, and the Pearce seems to work the best for me.

Rounding the gun out with an Apex FRE, some spare recoil springs, a few plus two extensions to play with and 20 new G19 factory magazines, and this is going to probably be my primary training and teaching gun for 2014.Glocks run fine out of the box.  If you like a little modification, like I do, they run a bit better!

C.T. http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=7622

@Silvercore #Silvercore #Firearms #Training #BC #Safety #Canada #Glock #Modifications

Sincerely,
Silvercore Firearms Training
604-940-7785
www.silvercore.ca
https://plus.google.com/+SilvercoreCa

No comments:

Post a Comment